Passenger Information System
Vehicle Tracking Device (GPS/GPRS Based AVL)We have an option to built in the Vehicle Tracking Device in the DCU or have it an independent micro-controller based device with built-in GPS interface and GPRS modem. If it is made external then the Controller unit is connected to the Vehicle Tracking device through RS232C serial port. The Vehicle Tracking Device reads the current location of the vehicle and other parameters like speed etc. from the GPS device at regular internal. It passes this information to the central VTS Server through GPRS connection. Additionally, it passes this information to the Controller Unit on serial port.
The Controller unit uses the location information to identify the current and/or next stop on the route and make the requisite voice announcement.
The Controller unit uses the GPRS modem of the tracking device to send data / messages to the central Server (back office). The data shall include captured video data from cameras, ticketing information received from the ETMs etc.
The Vehicle Tracking Device also supports a set of I/O ports through which it can monitor various parameters of the vehicle fuel Level & theft prevention, Oil Pressure, Temperature, speed of engine, Speed of Vehicle and other subsystem.
Features of Vehicle Tracking Device
- Monitoring the position of a vehicle, across the globe, using GPS tracking and predefined maps
- On-line bus load, engine parameter status
- Real-time bus schedule status
- Real-time bus routing
- Emergency alerts receiving from bus driver
- GSM communication between the vehicle and the control room
- Trip time analysis, schedule adherence
- Analysis reports
- Playback on historical data