Geo RTD:  IOCL
GTI Infotel Pvt. Ltd. Provide to IOCL route mapping for identifying the shortest route for transportation between the depot and end point/retail outlet, asset mapping for the IOCL distribution network entities to optimize IOCL resources for entire State and of all destinations to which supplies sent from its loading depots/terminals and from all terminals/ depots, that supply petroleum product to the state (it can be one state or multiple states). We also provided same services for the following states across the India:
- Maharashtra State office
- Uttar Pradesh II State office
- Northeast State office(Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura and Mizoram)
- Karnataka State office
We also take care of toll in route and its charges. New toll are likely to be created or old toll likely to be abolished. The system to take care of these eventualities and modify OP-46 at least distance route on monthly basis and notify to IOC. Toll Master Data should be prepared along with section of the road where it is applicable to be able to cross-verify with that reflected in OP46.
We did the following things to achieve The IOCL objective and scope of work:
- Develop & Deploy automated route making software
- Conduct Physical GPS based Survey across the state
- Develop & deploy Enterprise level User Management System integrated with above solutions.
- Deliver approved map integrated with the above solution.
This System is to support IOCL in building mission-critical applications, to provide analytics & business intelligence solutions. The objective of using a GIS based system is to distribute GIS functions and data throughout IOCL while leveraging and integrating the functions and data offered by other technologies. Accomplishing this requires adherence to standards and use of uniform methods to define the GIS data, service, and information product components of business functions.
Methodology of Geo RTD
- The field-level committee will comprise only of field officer of Retail Sales, Consumer Sales to authenticate or reject the RTD finalized by GTI.
- The OP-46 generated will automatically get transferred from Field Officer to Divisional Manager and to State Level Committee. The routing of OP-46 for final approval by State should be made accordingly to IOCl directive issued from time to time.
- The State-level committee will consist of officer from Operations, Finance and Retail Sales/Consumer Sales.
- The route and OP-46 will be signed by the State level committee to be approved by State Head for being fed into SAP for transport bill payment by Operations Department and for Pricing by the Pricing section of the State Office.
- Provision for taking print-out by Divisional Office and State Office will be made by GTI.
RTD for existing locationsThe latitude and longitude of all existing Retail Outlets and Consumers will be arrived at by physical verification by GTI in coordination with field force.
The latitude and longitude has been plotted on GIS maps legally procured/accessed from Google map to arrive at various motorable routes.
Three alternate motorable routes plotted by the GTI on digitalized maps thru’ its software and passed on to field officer through intranet for acceptance.
On acceptance of motorable shortest route by the Field Officer, OP-46 automatically generated along with the route-map and passed on to Operations Department in State Office.
The RTD and route so approved by the State Head will be implemented by the State Office for transport bill payment and pricing.