- Allows a clinician to view an individual problem list for any given patient.
- Supports a variety of specialized views of a patient’s problem list.
- Can be linked to other sections of the medical record, such as Health Summary, Progress Notes, Order Entry/Results Reporting, Consults, test results, care plans for Nursing and Mental Health, Discharge Summaries, and Billing/Encounter Forms.
- Supports import of problem information from other clinical settings outside the immediate medical facility.
- Allows reformulation of a problem.
- Supports multiple forms of data capture: direct clinician entries, clerk entry, encounter forms, foreign problem lists, scanned encounter forms, hand-held devices, etc.
- Requires minimal data entry.